here is some stuff i am tired of in my young adult lit:
- our heroine tires of silly useless femme girls
- also those girls are probably bitches
- thoughtful/taciturn fathers and emotional/babbling mother
- everyone is an only child unless they have an annoying little brother
- protagonists with no interests, passions, or strong opinions
- (he was a demon/angel/vampire/werewolf/boggart/gremlin who cared about literally nothing until he met me and now we care about literally nothing but each other)
- condescension is sexy
- lol what are other women how do you friendship them
- this love triangle: popular or dangerous guy + heroine + her male best friend
- "well then maybe i don’t want to be a princess!!!" (feminine royalty as a gilded cage that you run away from in boots to join the joyously penniless)
- first person snark
- that was the summer my parents got divorced and my brother died and i moved across the country to live with my aunt who was friggin weird oh hey a cute boy
- as a girl you’re not liberated or powerful until you have a sword
- conversely as a girl don’t even worry your boyf has this under control
- our heroine needs to learn to lighten up and go with the flow
- why would he like me
- greyscale covers of kids in flowing garments outside during a storm getting pneumonia
When shows come off their hiatus
this is the best thing i’ve seen all day
OMFG it’s back on my dash
Kaz outside ITV Studios ~ July 24th 2014
✰✰ ━━ Emilie De Ravin gifs for your roleplay needs. They’re all small or medium. (blonde/brunette) The gifs are not mine, they belongs to their creators. I just collected them in a gif hunt, so, please, if you use it, like the post or reblog it. I love to visit your rp blogs! If you’re the creator of any of those gifs, please, send me a message anytime you don’t want them to be collected! Thanks a lot.
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
John Green, Looking for Alaska
Book Geek Quote #554
AN ACTIVE 10x10 SMALL TOWN RPG
TWO OPEN ROLES - APPLY TODAY!
☆ THIS IS TWENTY ☆
Being in your twenties can be scary, and not always what you expect.
People put so much emphasis on High School but seem to forget that the most important thing is the life you lead after it.
In the small country town of Bennington, Vermont, everyone has a past that has contributed to who they are today. Everyone has demons to face, burdens to bear, responsibilities to tackle, and people to meet. It’s a time to discover one’s self and sometimes the best way to do that is to return to the roots of where of one grew up. For some, they never left Bennington, but for others, they’re coming back to see just what they missed in their hometown.
THERE ARE CURRENTLY TWO OPEN ROLES, CHECK THEM OUT.
This is a new roleplay about love, friendship, self-discovery and most importantly, life.
HOME ☆ MESSAGE ☆ SETTING ☆ NAVIGATION ☆ TOWN TOUR ☆ OPEN ROLES
Dianna Agron at the 2014 Big Slick Celebrity Weekend in Kansas City, Missouri